Sunday, October 29, 2006

Tintwistle Bypass Update


I thought I'd post an update on the progress of the Tintwistle Bypass project. The North West Regional Assembly have announced that they have moved the Mottram-Tintwistle bypass from the 2009/10 funding list to the 2015/16 list. This is very good news, however certain MPs are lobbying hard to try and have this decision overturned. The Public Inquiry will still go ahead in 2007, though not as early in the year as they hoped. I have had a letter in response to my objection. As you would expect they disagree with my claim that the bypass would adversely affect the wildlife and subject the birds in particular to disturbance. I have searched the internet for evidence to support the claim that road noise affects breeding birds. I was surprised to find a mountain of references. For example see this page.

Today was a beautifully warm sunny day. I went for a walk around Arnfield Reservoir, passing throught Swallows Wood and up to Devil's Bridge. It was so warm a couple of dragon flies were still on the wing, very unusual for late October. See the photo above and a few more from today on Flickr. (Correction I have reached my upload limit for the month! I will try again in November - just a few days away.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home